Monday, December 6, 2010

New Docotors & Appointments

I got a call this morning from Rainbow Babies Hospital telling us after receiving Mason's paper work they would like to see him sooner. His appointment will be January 4th. At first they told me it wouldn't be until June of 2011 that they could get him into the developmental pediatrician. I was not very happy about that! Well the nurse said in January they are opening a new clinic, an autism clinic!?!? When she said that I was like "umm excuse me an Autism clinic?" She said after reviewing his paper work and notes from the other doctors they have reason to believe that he may have Apraxia as well as Autism. I was NOT expecting that at all! So of course I was pretty emotional to say the least. He will see a variety of doctors over a 3 week period and go through different testing. After that we will have a parents meeting to discuss the results and get a plan together for his treatment. So once again I am asking for prayers for Mason as well as the doctors that will be seeing him.

On a different note we are getting very excited about our trip to Disney!!! We leave Sunday and will be home the following Sunday. Lot's of pictures and post about our trip!

1 comment:

Stephie Z said...

I'll be thinking about you and your family Baranda. I hope everything goes well.