Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ballet & Tap Class

Emily started Ballet & Tap two Tuesday. The first class was not good. She was so excited about going but when we got there and she had to go into the classroom by herself she was not having it. I think she thought it was like pre-school and I was leaving her for 2 1/2 hours. I tried my best to tell her and show her that I was sitting out in the lobby watching her on the TV. So I kind of forced her in and shut the door. My poor baby stood in the corner with her head down crying for 30 minutes. I felt like mommy of the year! When we got in the car she said "Mommy I can't dance!" I felt so bad for her. When we got home I sat her down and had a little mother daughter pep talk! Everyday until her next class we put her tap shoes on and tapped away in the kitchen. She loved it. So last Tuesday when it was time for class I asked her if she was ready to got to ballet and tap. She said yes. I did tell her that after this class if she didn't like it she didn't have to go anymore. This time Daddy and Mason came with us. When we got there and it was time to got in she gave me a kiss and said "Emie is ready to dance now!" I watched her on the TV and she did great! She needs to work on staying in her spot but hey she 3! I was so proud of her. She looked so happy :) After dance we took her to get a kiddie cone at Golly Gee! Looks like I have a little dancer on my hands!


No comments: