Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Pre-School or bust

Today was that day that I have been dreading for months. That's right Emily's first day of pre-school! Last night when Brent and I were tucking her in instead of reading a story we looked through her baby book. She really enjoyed looking at baby Emie. For me it was sweet. I loved looking back and replaying the memories in my mind and smiling. My heart was overwhelmed.
This morning when I woke her up I surprised her with breakfast in bed. All of her favorites to make her feel extra special.



We loaded up Emily and Mason in the car for the trip to St. Stepehn's.




She did awesome when we got there. As soon as we pulled up she yelled "Ooooh there's Emie's school!" I took her picture in front of the school and then we headed in. We had to wait a couple of minutes before the door opened. When it was her turn to walk in I gave her a hug and a kiss and she said "bye mom I love you!" I walked away before I had second thoughts and grabbed her and ran. As I walked out of the building I started crying. When we got home I kept looking at the clock. It was the longest 2 1/2 hours ever! When we picked her up she said "I had a great time!" Brent & I took her to McDonalds after school to celebrate her 1st day. My little girl is growing up. And she is growing up into a beautiful little girl inside and out!


2 comments:

Kristi Miller said...

sounds like she was excited to be there and start her day! you're lucky that she only goes 2 1/2 hours a day. Madeline's pre-k class goes a full school day. I drop her off at 8 and pick her up at 2:30! Just wait..it doesn't get any easier.

Margo said...

She is SO precious! I just love the one of her in bed. She looks so big. Congrats Mommy on raising a beautiful little lady!