Sunday, August 1, 2010

Our Hero

If you ask Emily what her Daddy does she says "my daddy helps people everyday and he protects them from bad stuff!" She is just so proud of what her daddy does. And she should be! I loved growing up with a dad for a police officer. I always thought he had a way cooler job then anyone else's dad. It really wasn't until I was older that I realized just how tough his job was. He sacraficed so much and we did to0. He wasn't at every game to watch me cheer or home every night to tuck me in. But I knew that what he did made a difference. He was my hero.
Never in a million years did I think that I would EVER marry a cop. But 5 years later here I am. I wouldn't have it any other way. Being the wife of a police officer is pretty though. Your heart stops if your phone rings in the middle of the night and he is working. (even though it's always a wrong number) You always make sure you give him one more kiss before he walks out the door. You are so proud to tell other people what you husbands does. You have an incrediable bond with other police familes. They are under paid and under appreciated by so many people. They are all someones father, husband, son, brother, friend and everyday they put their life on the line for all of us becasue that is their job! When was the last time you thanked a cop? Think about it....
To me and my kids Brent, my dad (aka Pops) & Matthew (aka Uncle Matthew) are our heros.

No comments: